|August 9th, 2006||G-Tech: Initial runs|
- 1970 Plymouth Barracuda
- 318cid ohv V-8: 230bhp SAE gross @ 4400rpm and 340lb-ft torque @ 2400rpm stock
- 3750 pounds curb weight (440 V-8)
- Pistol-grip 4-speed manual transmission, RWD
- Stock 1970 440 4-bbl motors run 375 bhp @ 4600rpm (SAE gross) and 480 lb-ft torque @ 3200rpm
The current estimated SAE net output is 360bhp @ 5100rpm, and 365lb-ft of torque @ 4300rpm. This translates into a rough estimate of 440bhp SAE gross in musclecar terms!
- A 440 4-bbl V-8 build by Quaden Racing was installed
- A-833 4 speed pistol-grip manual transmission
- Lakewood steel bellhousing
- Centerforce clutch
- Custom Driveshaft and safety loop
- Chrysler 8 ¾” rear 4.10:1 ratio
- Be Cool aluminum radiator
- Spal electric fan
- March Billet underdrive pulley system
- K&N air filter
- Hooker headers
- TTI 3” dual exhaust
- MSD 6-AL ignition with accel 8.8mm Race Wires
- Wimpy Firestone Firehawk 225mm wide tires were fitted by the previous owner. Can you say "incredible wheelspin at any RPM?" I knew you could!
Planned modifications for the near future are:
- Better tires. Nearly anything would be better! :)
- Improve the cooling situation. 220-230 degrees after any idling is kinda hot.
- Fix the oil problem to avoid James Bond-style smokescreens.